Flutter By

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Crafty

What a great day yesterday! Play date with Brenda & co, I cooked my favorite butternut squash apple soup from scratch for Anna and Tim, met a friend at the church to prepare a vocal solo for Sunday, stopped at Dollar Tree for Valentine making supplies, and then Audrey and I stayed up late making surprises for her preschool classmates back home. She was tuckered out this morning, but after her bath she was back at it again in earnest with the stickers and practiced writing her name until she got it just right. Hours later, we have 16 beautiful cards and 8 treat bags all ready to go in the mail tomorrow. She made Anna and I laugh last night as I climbed in the car after the stop at Dollar Tree:

Me: Audrey, you're going to love the things I got to make cards and treats for your classmates! I'm so excited to show you!


Audrey: What did you get?

Me: It's dark in the car and there's kind of a lot of things, so I'll show you as soon as we get home. It will be a surprise!

Audrey: Mom, I'm not really a waiting kind of person. I'm a right now kind of person.





She practiced writing her name over and over, then we did all the classmates' cards first, THEN finally did her very best work to write her name for her special teacher. We love you, Mrs A!






No comments:

Post a Comment