Flutter By

Sunday, July 24, 2011

July 17-24


Love this little sundress! Got it for her long before she was born, and then worried she would never wear it. Love being able to dress her in normal clothes now.
Second test, STILL positive for rhinovirus, which means we're in for yet another week of isolation. She seems much more comfortable this week, however, and I've heard many reports of smiles from her afternoon caregivers. Since my visits are in the morning, she is usually sleepy and sometimes rather grumpy... Yvonne says she is "just not a morning girl."

July 19: I was SO happy to see her sucking on the pacifier, it had been a long time, since before she caught the cold, since she had taken it easily without gagging.
She's getting humongo!  There is definitely meat on this kid now.
Wonderful Kiley, who just kept trying the pacifier with her all these weeks!
A text from her assigned "Auntie" Robyn on Saturday read: "I had my best visit with Audrey today. When I got there she was in her swing... happy as could be. I played with her for an hour and half. She was so responsive and smiley!! She focused right on my face. I see that she has found her tongue! When she got tired I rocked her to sleep. What a beautiful baby! I was also surprised at how strong her little legs have gotten!" :)

She's definitely getting more wiggly! On Tuesday I came in to find her sleeping sideways in her crib.

 Today I put her on the floor on her mat, flat on her belly, and she wiggled her little legs up under her, and pushed up on her arms, lifting her head repeatedly completely off the mat! Not even a squeak of complaint. She exhausted herself and then fell into a cozy snooze on the floor.
She can push up! Practiced on her tummy for about 15 minutes before falling into a snooze, without a peep of complaint. It was impressive (and adorable)! (July 24)
Any day when we get to have our "primary nurse" Yvonne is a good day. :) The gown and mask are just nurse protocol for as long as Audrey continues to test positive for the cold virus.

On Sunday I walked in to have Audrey smile right at me. Finally caught her grin on camera.

Caught it! Finally caught a full smile at me on camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment