Flutter By

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Rain on my Picnic

Well ok.... two weeks is just fourteen days, right? *sigh* Tic, toc, tic....

After getting a wee bit overexcited that she might come home this week, I was reigned in with the conservative estimate of two weeks to go. Aww stink, but YAY! :-) I am trying hard not to think of all the things that could go WRONG and KEEP her there in that time.... but darn it she is truly doing AWESOME!!! Just one big reflux per day lately, everything else has been great. Really praying she doesn't catch any of the bugs going around my house here.... pleeeease breast milk mega-antibodies, do your magic! :-)

Softening the blow of that news was a fun spontaneous visit from my brother who lives in Washington state and happened to be in town on business.  He stopped by the NICU to meet Audrey one night during his very short time in town, and we had a nice chat while I gave her a bath.
 
The rubber glove on her foot was to protect the IV from getting wet, but I said it made her an honorary Oregonian, my beloved childhood home where we joke that the rainy weather makes people grow duck feet.
Awww!  We love you Uncle Bob!

1 comment:

  1. Suzie,
    I am possibly facing this same situation with my unborn daughter. I am scared, and having a hard time being excited about her birth, because I fear for all of what you have gone through. You have to be a stronger women than I am.
    I was wondering if you could share with me some of the good doctors that help you through this process? I am in Utah as well, I would like to make sure that if this is what we have to face, we have doctors upfront that have as much knowledge about this as possible.
    Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete