Flutter By

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Serenity Now!


The cookie in the photo is fake, but it still made her really happy!
I just grabbed a big fat watermelon seed out of her mouth in the nick of time before Audrey swallowed it. Earlier this morning she threw up most of a leaf from at least three days ago. We are vacuuming and sweeping like crazy here, but I think the crazy is winning. Now it's time for Silly Songs With Susie, the part of the show where you know that Susie has finally cracked. All morning we've been singing: "She's the princessssss who does a lot of things, she's so busyyyyy, and crawls around! We must ask herrrr not to eat anything, and she's heading off to Boston in the fall!" (A little Veggie Tales reference there.)

Had a great chat with Dr Downey yesterday, her wonderful surgeon here in Utah.  Audrey is tentatively scheduled for a needle knife procedure in Boston for two weeks from today.  Dr Downey and Dr Manfredi will coordinate and share information to determine if this is a better course than balloon dilation.   If all goes well, I need to report on Monday July 23rd.  Alone, at least for the time being.  All my kids snuggled around me last night for story time and I have been getting lots of spontaneous hugs from them.  My little 2-year-old's separation anxiety has been awful this week!  And the older kids seem alternately determined to drive me insane with making lots of extra messes, and very moody and affectionate.  Between worrying over Audrey, her appointments, managing the house, meals, and other kids, and now planning for Boston, I feel like that old Seinfeld episode, ready to shout "Serenity Now!"

No comments:

Post a Comment