Flutter By

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Back in Boston, March 21

Back in Boston for an EGD, dilation, and Dr Manfredi plans to cut into her scar quite a bit from the inside with that needle knife, injections probably also. They plan to keep her in the hospital overnight. I haven't wanted to upset anyone but she has been doing very badly the past ten or so days, we don't know why but she can't tolerate her formula, plus has terrible reflux and coughing at night. Pediatrician says bronchitis (he said no fluid in the lungs just inflamed airways), I hope that's truly the only problem but there are a lot of scarier possibilities. It is my son's birthday Sunday and I hope we get to fly home as planned!

Audrey has been tired and sleeping a lot but has also had little bursts of "sunshine" where her happy personality shines through, it gets us through and keeps our own spirits up! Tonight we had fun browsing in the shops in old Boston and she charmed one family so much that we made some new friends!  My purse broke and exploded all over the ground, and one lady helped me quickly pick up the contents.  Then, after chatting for a few minutes with the family we made friends with while eating at the tables, I laughingly told them about my purse mishap and a lady got excited and handed me a nice canvas bag she had just bought!  I protested, but she said she would just go buy herself another one!  It was sooo nice of her!!!  We have since then used that bag as a carryon for all of our travels! 
One of our favorite just-off-the-plane adventures:  A quick stop at the New England Aquarium so Audrey could say hi to some friends.



So far Audrey is sleeping well tonight on only Pedialyte in preparation for surgery. It is a really big relief to see her resting peacefully after so many terrible nights of gagging and refluxing on her formula.  I am looking forward to catching up on some sleep, but hate to miss the opportunity to write some thoughts about my grandmother to send for the family in preparation for her memorial service Saturday. These quiet hours are very rare for me! I will try to do it from the hospital tomorrow, it is my only chance.

I feel badly for coming across so "down", we are actually doing pretty great! It was a relatively easy day of travel. She slept most of the way to Boston, and was never very fussy during the flight which was awesome!She was connected to her pump during the flight but I didn't realize Justin had turned it off! So she was fasting until the last hour or so of the flight, and it helped her rest after her rough night. Something is up with her digestion, it's really weird, and yet her diapers are normal, not that you wanted to know that haha!! Hopefully the pediatrician was right and this is just a cold working its way through her system, it's just that it doesn't act like a cold, no runny nose for example. I just want to know that everything is ok inside the esophagus itself and also that she didn't swallow something nasty like a battery or something, you know, all those things moms find to worry about! Hahaha! At least we're here now, and I can share my concerns with the docs who can help her.

No comments:

Post a Comment