Flutter By

Friday, June 21, 2013

A Long Walk Before Nap Time

Today we had a morning appointment at home with the Early Intervention PT and Dietition. (We are working on improving on Audrey's swallowing disfunction, because she probably aspirates a little when she swallows and isn't eating or drinking enough to reduce her G-tube feeds like we've been hoping.  She is officially underweight so we will be working on pushing the cheese and high protein snacks.)  I waved good bye to them, grabbed the mail at our box and told Audrey "It's blankie time!" And suddenly that funny girl started walking away from me as fast as her little legs could go! She did not STOP until we had walked a quarter mile around the neighborhood! In bare feet! Funniest walk ever. I just walked patiently behind her since trying to carry her unwillingly was a joke. Every time she started to slow down I'd repeat, "Audrey, it's blankie time." And she'd speed up those tiny legs!! My life is really fun. An uncommon flavor of fun perhaps, but way, way fun.

Perhaps she figures that after so much time spent in the hospital and doctor's offices, the day is too short to waste napping.  I think that's why I just couldn't be impatient with it, and just followed her on her little adventure instead.  Carpe Diem, Audrey girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment