Flutter By

Sunday, May 15, 2016

The Best Gift

Pulling out of our driveway on Thursday with a million things on my mind trying to get everyone where they needed to be for that night's 3 performances, her little voice piped up from the back seat: "Mommy did you remember your wallet?"

I looked down and to my surprise, it wasn't there.

"Audrey I don't believe it, I did forget it! Thank you! I'm always very careful to remember it because it has my driver's license in it, but somehow I forgot with all the other things we had to bring. We have a long drive ahead and that would have been very bad. That's amazing, how on earth did you think to ask me that question? I almost think you were inspired by Heavenly Father just now."

"Actually I was. I've been wanting to give Jesus the best gift. Want to know what the best gift is? It's listening.
I wanted to give Jesus a gift by listening to him."



Funny amazing girl. I took this photo to show her later because during a silly conversation tonight she adamantly insisted that when she sleeps her eyes remain open. No amount of convincing made a dent so I laughed and told her I was going to take her picture after she fell asleep and we'd settle it. I teased her that even then she'd cleverly deny it, like the pigeon of one of our favorite books, Don't Let The Pigeon Stay Up Late. Maybe she and Cosmo are just playing hide and seek and she's starting to count.

No comments:

Post a Comment