Flutter By

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Back in Boston, April 11


After a long day of travel, I'm snug in my bed in Boston! This has been one of those wonderful, "tender mercies" sort of days. Met a high school choir embarking on tour, met a 7th Day Adventist and her family who had the most amazing life story about escaping terrorism in Indonesia and living for 7 years without her beloved children until they could reunite, met two other groups heading to Boston for the first time for conferences and had fun telling them about things to see and do in the city, and Audrey slept peacefully for most of both plane rides. She loved toddling around the mezzanine at the Denver airport, and although her strong desire for food (despite being unable to swallow it) meant I didn't dare eat anything today until she went to bed, she agreed that a TCBY smoothie was a good compromise for us to share at lunchtime, and contentedly slurped up a bunch of that. Got good news from home, sunny skies in Boston on arrival, a short happy stop at the New England Aquarium, 
  
bought chowder (to go) from the oldest restaurant in America, (that I waited till she was in bed to eat), 


found little gifts for each of the children, some of which were given to me for free by a sweet store owner who fell in love with Audrey. People offered to help me with the stroller or bags everywhere I went on the public transportation, spent an hour happily conversing with the family I'm staying with here in Boston, and another hour happily conversing with my children and husband, and to top it all off, twice this evening I found a penny and picked it up.... and all day long I'd had good luck even without them. ;-) Thank you for your prayers and kind thoughts! Surgery is at 11:30 Eastern.


No comments:

Post a Comment