Flutter By

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Building More Than a Bear

JJ decided to use some the birthday money he has carefully saved since March, on his very first Build a Bear Workshop animal. We actually had never done it before and he loved it.




The lady asked him to hug the little heart they were going to put inside the doggy, and make a wish on it before they put it inside. His wish was that Audrey would get better.

Of all my kids I worry about this one the most.  He is always affectionate and tender with Audrey and I, but he has been unusually moody and withdrawn recently and we are seeking answers for how best to help him find balance. I'm so thankful for this time now to be home with the other children in order to attend to these things.  Please keep him in your prayers.  We have really been trying to turn up the love and attention, and patience, for each of them but particularly him. This trip to the mall was with just him, me and Gideon, and although he was moody at first once we got some lunch he did much better. He doesn't eat much, has also become a pretty picky eater, and I sometimes think he gets extra grumpy partly just because he's hungry. He was so cute about the BBW though... we wandered in the store and he said to me, "Mom I have to say I'm very impressed with this place. I think we should come here more often." If it brings out that beautiful smile again more often, I agree 100%
Requited love, at its best.


No comments:

Post a Comment