Flutter By

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Nerf Dart Epiphany


Yesterday I had an honest to goodness real old-fashioned summer day. No doctor appointments or other stressful errands that could not wait, procrastinated everything I could and just unwound. Spent most of the morning snuggling kids while watching Doctor Who together. At one point Audrey proudly brought me this contraption she had put together all by herself without help. I am actually pretty impressed! The blocks aren't locked together but she made a happy face, a two part hat and of course, gave it a great set of wheels. It never ceases to amaze me to watch babies grow.

  

Mid-day I set up the sewing machine in the backyard and got pretty far making the replacement canopy for the outdoor swing while the kids played in the sun, before I ran out of heavy duty thread. Baby was napping so I took the three who were begging to go and ran to the fabric store. Survived with my sanity and stopped on the way home to buy milk at the Creamery, and had to buy a box of their famous brownies too. Some of us chose the Creamery's signature Mint Chocolate brownie and some the July special, Salted Caramel, which was topped with caramel and chunks of stick pretzels. Not gonna lie, my own brownie did not quite make it home. Fixed a quick meal, nearly finished the canopy while a delicious rainstorm rolled in, and then it was time to leave for this month's women's meeting at the church, where we had a guest teacher lead us in a yoga class, followed by Greek yogurt smoothies. It was great to just ignore stuff for most of the day, though poor Justin has been working crazy long hours and the stress has been getting to us both, on top of many other things, but this morning I was doing some work and starting to feel that familiar crippling weight of stress again when suddenly, I noticed a nerf dart stuck to the wall high on the wall near the ceiling.  I have no idea how long it's been there. It was so random and unexpected that I found myself laughing and laughing and just knew everything is going to work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment