Flutter By

Friday, August 3, 2012

Time to Get Creative

Reflecting still on the past week's events and formulating the plan ahead.  So much of what I experienced was free of cost--- my biggest costs were food (average prices were definitely higher, $8-15 for a lunch where I'm used to 5 or less, yikes! but I was able to make the budget stretch by carefully choosing healthy options and walking whenever possible), and some inavoidable costs like local transportation and airline surcharges for things like taking a single suitcase (which ironically is lost at the moment in their system and still not at our house due to the crazy delay at LaGuardia and a last minute switch of flight from Denver).  Now looking at needing to be there for three months, and hoping to bring out my kids once Audrey is discharged but needing to stay for two months, the thought is sobering.  We are about a third of the way to where we need to get with putting our money together from all known sources, and her surgery is in twenty days.  I am putting my trust in the Lord and just going to go forward with doing everything I can, and trust him to either make up the difference, or make the best way clear. 

It's time to think fundraising, and I am praying for ideas on how to start, this stuff is not my forte.  I don't know if there is enough time to put some of my ideas together, I wish we had a couple more weeks than the two we have, but it will have to be enough.  If you are interested in donating to Audrey, there is a link on the right side of this page.  Even a few dollars will help.  We will have an online auction in a few days, and planning a bake sale and benefit concert.  Details can be found by clicking on the fundraising link to the right of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment