Flutter By

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

June 25 - 28

Very sleepy girl. She was given humidified warm air through a nasal cannula starting Saturday morning, and ever since she has seemed so much more comfortable, and been gagging much less. The coughing and gagging that had started mid-week last week had continued, so I was grateful they had found a solution that worked so well. Our primary NP, Ann Camp, however, thought something about this didn't feel right, so she ordered a swab test for the common cold, and it came back positive. Audrey was moved into isolation, in a room of her own with her own private nurse, until she can test negative again.
She had her first round of vaccinations just after midnight on Tuesday, and was fussy later that morning, with a mild temp, and they had given her Tylenol just before I got there. It was good for me to walk in when the nurse was not expecting me (she did not have her Vocera pager on so didn't know I was coming in) and to see the nurse being very tender and nurturing with her. Makes me feel so much better about not being there to comfort Audrey after her middle of the night poke for vaccinations-- something I have never missed with any of my kids. Baby slept in my arms most of the visit, yet again, and in spite of rooting, she immediately gagged when I tried a little non-nutritive feeding. It was ok, we still enjoyed snuggling. Sleep is the best thing for her right now. Get feeling better soon, baby! Tomorrow is our big meeting with Dr. Downey..... time for a little shuteye of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment