Flutter By

Sunday, May 22, 2011

May 21 - 22

Her due date was May 21, and she is three weeks old today! Amazing to think about how far she's come! We are happy to get to spend the weekend together at home in Provo with the four older kids, while Justin's parents spend time with Audrey up in SLC. Until they head home to California, we'll try to keep this trade-off going for the weekends. It feels really healthy to have some "normal" time to balance out the hospital weeks, and Mom and Dad seem to enjoy it too. We planted the garden, I organized the boys' dresser, and we attended church and actually walked into a grocery store for the first time in... pretty much forever. And I think my hormones must be settling down a little, because I feel a lot more steady about coming and going between our two homes. I had one scary experience, driving home from SLC on Friday night with three of the kids, I must have been completely exhausted because suddenly I just could no longer concentrate on driving, it was so creepy; I pulled off the freeway in American Fork and got out and walked around a bit, and ended up taking the back roads home. I'm swearing off night driving to or from Salt Lake for a while. We'll figure out a way around it somehow. Maybe I'll head home in the little car no later than six and let the kids stay with Justin and his parents for their "arms time" with Audrey and dinner. And actually, school finishes up this week so there won't be the time constraints of that either, so there should be no difficulty avoiding it.

No comments:

Post a Comment