Flutter By

Thursday, May 5, 2011

May 5

Another day under the lights, but the Bili blanket is brought out as soon as we ask to hold her. She loves being able to open her eyes!

The big news we were waiting for: the dye from the first test is finally passed out of her system! They put the new dye through her G-Tube and have taken her initial x-rays; so far everything looks good! No signs of blocked or narrowed intestines, no other warning signs indicating that she would not be able to pass milk through her gut. We must wait for a full result to know when she can begin feedings, but our hopes are high!
We went to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point tonight with our children and all four of our parents. They pushed me in a wheelchair as I have still been having a lot of swelling in my feet and legs, and difficulty walking due to sore abdomen.  It's going to take a while to recover from the immense pressure of a triplets' worth of amniotic fluid.
Precious day, grandparents and kids at the Tulip Festival! This was my dream, all those weeks in the hospital, to do as soon as I was released, it was AWESOME that it worked out. Forgive me one vain comment: this photo was taken six days after birth, and I wish I had a dollar for every time this past week I have been asked when my due date is! LOL I know, I know, SO HUGE still, BUT I'm shrinking every day thank heaven! Now at 11 days, I look only pregnant with one baby, about 7 months.... woo hoo?
My Dad and Mom have been so sweet and protective of me, it has meant so much especially since Justin has been thoroughly preoccupied with the baby.  It will be so hard to say good bye when they leave to go back to Oregon in a couple of days.  I love this photo of him pushing me in a wheelchair through the tulip festival, with me giving a popsicle to my little guy.  He is reacting with surprise to the coldness of the treat. You know, some people might find this surprising or strange, but honestly the very hardest part about this entire experience is missing out on the changes and growth in my other children, especially my sweet little one year old, Gideon.  His delightful personality and silly smile are an absolute joy to me.
My three oldest are holding very still (a rare sight) in order not to frighten away the mother goose and fuzzy goslings who were ambling on the grass near the pond.  The kids, while still normal and squirrelly, have been champs through all of this, and patient with all of the changes and stresses in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment