Flutter By

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

May 23 - 25

Thanks to the window at her bedside, Audrey got to enjoy her first rays of sunshine. I unwrapped her from her blankets so that she could really feel the rays, and she enjoyed a nap in the sun. While she was asleep, the nurse and I even put her little sunglasses on her and had a good giggle.
"My  future's so bright, I gotta wear shades."


I found out that over the weekend while I was away, they started her on Prevacid, which apparently was a mistake. It had been some kind of misunderstanding between the surgeons and the nurses. It's not a dangerous medicine except that when you neutralize the stomach acids, there is an increased chance of infection because the stomach acids are a primary germ killer. Neither us nor her primary surgeon, Dr. Black, knew anything about it until Monday evening, and Dr. Black immediately discontinued it. I asked if they could call me whenever they decide to start a new medication, and was told by the nurse practitioner that they don't do that unless it's a medicine that requires parent approval. I wasn't very comfortable with that answer, but consigned myself to it thinking maybe I was feeling a bit overprotective at the moment. It's a little creepy sometimes to feel so powerless over my baby.

Justin wasn't going to come up this week, but lucky for us he had forgotten about an eye appointment up in SLC, and so he switched plans and we get him for a couple of days after all. He gave Audrey her Wednesday night bath with the help of our nurse Cade, the first guy nurse we've had, and he was very funny so we were all in a good mood-- as she was being scrubbed down, I told Audrey that being pampered by men is a sign of the ritziest spas. I helped Eden finish a school report over Skype. After her bath in the quiet dim light, cozy in Daddy's arms, Audrey decided to hold her head up on her own, and looked side to side, and side to side, with wide dark eyes.
 


 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment