Flutter By

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Now You Feed 'em, Now You Don't

Just had a nurse come in and tell me we weren't allowed to give her more than tiny tastes of baby food--- so this makes about the seventh time I've had to argue the case for what Audrey is allowed to do based on what was told me directly at her swallow study, not what was written afterward (apparently somewhat vaguely). Ay Yi Yi!!!!! Why do these things always seem to happen on the weekend.  On a great note, she is off IV liquids entirely and they are talking about pulling her central line (although I hope they keep it through her dilation surgery this week because she is so hard to get IVs into!  This week will be #1 of three weekly procedures to train the scar in her throat to behave itself and not try to close off.) For all my positivity, this whole communication-between- caregivers-over-food issue has brought out a bit of the mama bear in me! 

I was sad about the end of summer and her missing the fun of splashing in the water, so got creative and set up a bin of warm water for her to play in.  It was relaxing for both of us.





No comments:

Post a Comment