Flutter By

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

NICU Graduation Anniversary


I gave her an anniversary present: a pair of soft pink shoes, and she loves them!
Today marks one year since Audrey came home from the hospital for the first time, at almost five months old. In celebration we went to go see the ducks, squirrels and pigeons at the public garden, and played on the swings at the park with our sweet friends Aliyah and Amy. We had so much fun and can hardly wait to see Daddy and the siblings who are coming in just four weeks!  





Unfortunately I think Audrey might have also managed to swallow something like a bark chip at the playground, because she could not swallow her medicine tonight which surprised me. Then, as I was settling in for the night she surprised me again by gagging and retching in her sleep with a terrible gurgling sound and a terrified look on her face. I am trying to figure out what happened... I think it is reflux, but she was drenched in sweat. Briefly considered taking her in, but I watched and held her for a while, changed her and put her back to bed. It was time to turn off her pump anyway for pre-op, and I had turned it up a bit high in order to get her calories in for tomorrow ahead of time, so it was probably my fault. She's been fine since. But still, honestly it scared the stuffin' out of me. I've heard of this before from other EA moms, but never seen it in her. I really do not want to do surgery for reflux on this kiddo. We are just all funned out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment