Flutter By

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Audrey Walks!

I'm so excited to share this video with everyone!




 Don't you think it's so appropriate that some of her first steps were taken in historic Plymouth (as in, the rock), just a few days before Thanksgiving!?  These are days of work and adventure for all of us in a new world.  

 In spite of some challenging reflux episodes during her continuous pump feeds at night, during the day Audrey is getting bolder about trying foods by mouth and we are hoping it continues to last and her throat does not constrict significantly again.   She's beginning to overcome her oral aversion again, and is finally enjoying trying new things like putting a toothbrush in her mouth.  So many little things you and I never usually think about are suddenly so important and exciting.  We'll learn more on Tuesday during her dilation, but so far she seems to be handling stuff by mouth pretty well without getting anything stuck.  



 Also, if anyone has brilliant ideas for fundraising or time to help organize one for her, please share comments.  The debt is kind of weighing on me and I need to start planning something soon to help ease the stress; I usually avoid debt like the plague but this is one case where it just needed to happen that way.  Again, our family is immensely grateful for all of your support!!  Have I told you that fundraising and gifts covered their plane tickets, the first month's rent, and the first month's car rental?  Our wonderful landlords of this vacation house have been extraordinarily kind to us, sending us flowers on our arrival and even cutting the rent down to what we could afford for the time we need it.  Then, a glitch in Enterprise's system led to us being first vastly overcharged, then helped by a caring representative of that company to get us a much lower rate than we were originally quoted?  That is just incredible!  Thank you so much!  I have to work at not stressing about all the things I don't have figured out, and look at all the evidence that God's already "got this".

 I was deeply touched by our experiences visiting historic Plymouth, reflecting on the rich seedling starts of our nation.  Full of faith, these people pressed through incredible obstacles, and reached out to new friends to help them make it through.  They really felt that God was leading them on this journey, and lived their lives in the faith that "if he brings you to it, he will bring you through it."  In honor of Thanksgiving, please allow me to quote a letter I recently wrote to a dear friend:  
I have felt the Lord's cradling influence in my life nearly constantly throughout this entire process; I want you to know that he has been literally right there beside me holding my hand every step of this process!!  He is there, and I do not ever doubt it, and he has taken care of every need and given me opportunities to serve and to meet new friends and learn new things.  I know he has a plan for her and for our family, and we are all waiting on his time!  With all due sensitivity, I honestly look at all of this as an adventure, of a time of just keeping our hearts and minds open to whatever the Lord has in store.  We are learning so much.  It will work out, no matter what, no matter what, no matter what!  We have the greatest promise possible! He will hold us through it all, and when and if there is a time for partings, He will continue to hold our hands and ultimately we have the promise of being together with Him. We have pitched our tents in the Lord's camp and we will trust Him in everything to lead us to and through the things he has in mind to mold us into the warriors he needs.  Our muscles are being strengthened and stretched.  Please believe me when I say we are really, truly doing fine, and working through these challenges with a cheerful heart and a mind toward healthy hard work and waiting on the Lord's time.  Being together right now is a precious gift for me, and makes everything so much easier.

We all have so many more blessings to count than we realize, any given day.  But being together with loved ones for Thanksgiving day is huge; if you know anyone who is lonely please reach out to them and welcome them somehow into your life.  And if you have a quiet moment please remember Audrey, and remember to be thankful for your ability to eat!



No comments:

Post a Comment