Flutter By

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Holiday Plenty

HAHAHA!!! Wish I'd thought of this! Someone drew a turkey on their child's feeding pump bag so they too could have a "turkey meal." Soooo cute!  (Thanks to Diane D. of Feeding Tube Awareness for this pic)

Spending Thanksgiving in the hospital today was so special. I tried to say an extra thank you to everyone I saw who was working today. So, so happy to have spent the day with my husband and all of my children together. Audrey and I watched the Macy's parade until they arrived from their 1.5 hr journey, then went downstairs to the cafeteria where the hospital had put on a delicious complimentary meal for all of the patient families! Visited some of our friends in the hospital, then put Audrey down for nap and walked to the Yawkey Family Inn to visit more friends and had a another beautiful meal. So grateful for the generosity of friends and the hospital for free parking and meals today, even leftovers to put in the hospital fridge for me to eat later this week. All of us loved our time together. Wrapped up the evening with games and an informal violin concert with some new friends, even got to sing a bit!





So cute to watch Audrey and Gideon's rapt attention to the violinist. Then the fam and I watched the movie "Brave" together and parted with many long hugs. Audrey is almost up to full volume on her pump feeds, so hopefully we can lose the IV in her foot tomorrow and let her resume practicing her favorite new trick-- walking!

No comments:

Post a Comment