Flutter By

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Annnnnnd.... She's stopped eating. Again.

 If I didn't say it out loud it was supposed to go away! Audrey hasn't eaten more than a crumb by mouth all week; she keeps reaching for food and then changing her mind and walking away. Pediatrician found nothing wrong with her when I stopped in as a walk in on Tuesday morning because she'd been so fussy overnight. The surgeon Dr Skarda tried to reach me three times yesterday to check on her because it's now been a week and a half since her last dilation. Spent the morning taking JJ to his first psychologist appointment. Finally just connected with Dr Skarda, and he graciously offered to do a scope and dilation if needed, TODAY (it's 1:30pm already), or tomorrow morning, or early next week. I already had committed to help in Aaron's classroom tomorrow morning, need to pick up kids this afternoon from school, and Justin is traveling all over Western Utah today for a fourteen hour work day and has a huge deadline at work that will keep him occupied overtime every day until the end of the month and he won't be able to help..... in short, it's a logistical nightmare laden with guilt, and my brain is full. So grateful the sun is out after the wintery morning and my sweet friend Lynn helped me think it all through on the phone just now. Oi, oi.

I said I would do it tomorrow but UGH, just got our O.R. time and it is sooo late in the day that all the kids need a place to be supervised after school unless I let them destroy the house alone...

Evening update:
OH MY WORD I DON'T BELIEVE IT, DR SKARDA IS SO AWESOME! He just called me and said that he just got out of a meeting and looked at the schedule and saw how late we were, and asked me if that was a problem. I didn't go into detail but said it was a challenge, and he said "I told them not to do that, I don't know why they did. I'm going to fix this, hang on." He called me back in two minutes and said to bring her at eight. He said this is just a little half hour thing, his other patients can manage for that time. Such a little thing made a really really big difference for me. WOW

And then, to my great surprise we had a wonderful visit from some dear friends from Colorado who stopped by unexpectedly this evening.  They were here for a couple of days and I have been trying hard to hook up with them, (it's been four years since I've seen them!) but with the change in Audrey's health I had to cancel our meeting.  They showed up at our door with dinner, a huge relief as I hadn't even figured out what I was fixing, just as I was finishing giving Audrey and Gideon a bath. What a blessing!  We had such a sweet visit, and right in the middle Justin arrived home safely from his dangerous long day of driving through the freak snowstorm for meetings in rural southeastern Utah. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment