Flutter By

Friday, September 27, 2013

In the Hospital

Well, our little half hour procedure did not go as planned.  Audrey developed a tear during the dilation, and Dr Skarda put in a stent.  We will be in the hospital for observation and care of her tear with intravenous antibiotics as well as pain management.

Still, I feel wrapped in love tonight thanks to the care of so many. Thank you to Leigh Ann the hospital worker who gave me an unplanned tour of the changed parts of the hospital because I needed to sort out some insurance stuff and charge my phone, and there was a place to do so in the parent room after which she showed me the newly redesigned children's playroom and then, to my utter shock, an entire brand new music room that was so beautiful that I couldn't hold back the tears. Seriously you guys this thing is a jewel, and will bless so many families, particularly thinking of my sweet friend Aliyah who is coming for colon surgery on Monday. It was a recording and film studio full of beautiful musical instruments, with studio lighting and awesome art on the walls. I could feel it was in a sense sacred even before I learned that it had been designed by a family in honor of their talented teen musician who had passed away after a battle with an illness, and the beauty of it just took my breath away. When I saw it something broke open in me and the tears and the words wouldn't stop, it was so incredibly embarrassing and yet the two ladies didn't seem to mind at all. The music therapist listened patiently as I summed up the past five years in five minutes, and then at her urging she played while I sang a couple of my favorite songs and she offered to help me compose and record a lullaby for Audrey. It was an hour I'll never forget. Then Amy and family, thank you for your sweet visit, the treats and supplies, hugs and kisses and priesthood blessings for Audrey and I. Powerful words of comfort, strength and healing of all kinds were spoken in those prayers. After they left I snuggled Audrey until she was comfortable and asleep, and walked to the Ronald McDonald House Room that used to be a humble parent resource center and is now a full blown paradise, for a scrumptious free home cooked dinner. What are the chances that I would be sitting at dinner across from another Long Gap EA NICU mom who needed to talk? Coincidence, with only two of us in the hospital tonight? I doubt it. Settling in to sleep and feeling blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment