Flutter By

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Silly Moments

A few wonderful silly moments from our past couple of weeks

September 10
At 6:45am, the boys' room is all dark and quiet when in his sleep three year old Gideon calls out, "Swiper no swiping! Swiper nooo swiping!" 


September 2
Happy Labor Day! Audrey stood up in her crib first thing this morning and called "Daaaddy! Daaaddy!" Justin was still asleep so I went in and greeted her and started disconnecting her feeding pump to get her out. She looked at me and said matter of factly, "Daddy at work." I told her "no, not today. Daddy's not at work." She thought for a moment and said "Daddy at church." I laughed and said "no, Daddy's not at church." And she looked baffled. I could just see her wheels turning, wondering where he was, never expecting him to still be in bed on a Monday. Clearly she was certain that Daddy--who has been working early mornings to late nights six days a week recently plus assisting at the church early mornings on Sundays, yet who remains her devoted royal footman at all other times--must be one of those two places if he wasn't answering her queenly calls for attention.   

Being the sweet wife that I am of COURSE I had to then wake him up immediately to tell him the cute thing she did. Yep I did.

September 1
I put this dress on Audrey yesterday evening for a party, and she showed it off to her three year old brother Gideon with a grin and said "My a princess!" And she twirled around to make the skirt flutter. Gideon giggled and took her hands and they turned round and round together saying "Dancing! Dancing!" Then Audrey came over to me, grabbed my hands and said "Mommy dance me!" So I went around with her a few times.


August 28
One afternoon Gideon was resting with me on my bed watching the ceiling fan go around, when he sleepily exclaimed, "Mom, you have a helicopter light!"

August 25
Happy birthday to the wonderful father of my children! Justin is enjoying his gift; after years of wishing for one he finally has a "papa bear chair"! (I sacrificed a part of my kitchen floor savings but it was sooo worth it for the look on his face! Everyone else is enjoying it too... in fact this mama bear has found the chair to be downright carnivorous.)




August 23rd
Pulled into the bank drive through lane and three year old Gideon exclaims with delight, "The Candy Store!"

(Clearly the fact that they give kids a treat when we visit has made a big impression. It's a fun perk; I often forget but the kids always remind me! My eight year old, at that age, used to have the city pretty well mapped by which of my usual errand spots gave out which kind of treats for children, so we'd walk into the grocery store and he'd say, yay! Cookies! And so forth. They learn quick that it pays to put up with the boredom of shopping with mom. And it's great leverage if their behavior is borderline....)

August 23rd
Audrey is in rare form today, a crazy cute firecracker of a two year old. I kissed her and told her, "you're a nut!" She looked me straight in the eye and said "No, my a strawberry."

No comments:

Post a Comment