Flutter By

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Thursday, August 4 -- First Wagon Ride!

I gave her a bath and wrapped her up clean and sweet-smelling, where she slept in my arms for a bit and then.... she got to take her very first wagon ride! We went out in the hallway where we happened to pass a baby about the same age as Gideon, Audrey's 18 month old brother whom she's never met because he isn't old enough to be allowed at her bedside. I got excited to think that maybe she could meet her big baby brother, and decided to try to make it happen on Sunday when the whole family came up.
All dressed up for her first wagon ride! She is worried.

Our nice nurse who pulled the wagon while I reassured Audrey that this was ok. Baby girl was trembling and looking around like WHAT. ON. EARTH.

She was super tired for this ride, after a play therapy session with her physical therapist Kiley, and a bath (sitting immersed in her tub!), and just a tiny snooze before this craziness.
Although I was not allowed to take her down to the garden for a walk like I'd dreamed, I was excited to find a sunbeam in the hallway where she could at least feel the sun on her face for the very first time!  I wondered how she would react, what she would think!  She thought it was.... bright. 

No comments:

Post a Comment