Flutter By

Monday, February 8, 2016

Give Her an Inch


Lots more drama overnight, many more purple parties, but it made me feel good that I was able to calm her and prevent a couple of them. She's been keeping everyone on their toes and her night nurse Cindy is basically my hero. She tried a ton of different little things to try to help Audrey be more comfortable and figure out what was causing this.
The Dream Team rounded this morning and I felt like a fangirl seeing all those fantastic people in one place. Then her surgeon, Dr Jennings, did a bedside bronchoscope in our ICU room and they welcomed me to stay and watch. It was extraordinary to see the inside of her living airways, and I'm thrilled to report she looks gorgeous inside, no leaks or problems from the surgery. He said her breathing tube was in a little too deep, and suggested it might have been pressing on her trachea when her head moved a certain way and triggering the panic response. They pulled it out a cm and retaped, and now we're waiting to see what happens. No problems so far since, but she hasn't fully come out of the paralytics yet since this morning. Waiting anxiously to see her little eyes and head moving again, to see if we found the culprit at last. Guess you could say I'm holding my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment