Flutter By

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Seize the Day

If I'm lucky, I might have exactly 3 minutes to speak today to a board of decision makers about the importance of saving the Prouty Garden at Boston Children's Hospital. It's the first time I've ever done something like this, and I'm pondering how best to use those precious seconds, trying to calm my nerves, and trying to remind myself that even if my voice makes no difference in the end I'll sleep better for the rest of my life knowing I spoke up for my beliefs about what's best for the overall healing of sick children.

I'm excited to finally be able to attend a pivotal hearing in person about this issue that's so important to me. Tonight's public meeting marks a major turning point in the decision to destroy or save the Prouty Garden at Boston Children's Hospital, the only green bit of outdoors available to patients in the sea of cement and, because of the passings and spreading of ashes and unique healing that have occurred there, a sanctified space. Please attend the meeting if you can, or send comments you'd like to be shared at the meeting, and of course please pray for the healthiest outcome for the children affected by this decision.

The Garden in Winter
 Audrey's squirrel friend in the garden. Her squeals of laughter watching him were precious.
One of my favorite statues in the garden. Reminds me of my children, especially Eden, and home.

No comments:

Post a Comment