Flutter By

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Setbacks and Sweetness

This little girl surrrre knows how to keep things interesting! I'm very sorry to report that she woke up before dawn moaning in pain and gagging up spit, and that has continued the entire day. Lots of Tylenol and not tolerating her tube feeds, lots of abdominal cramping. Dr Jennings put her back on IV fluids for now. Probably her gut just isn't quite ready for some of what we've been feeding it, but whatever the reason today's been a cartoons in bed kind of day.  She's doing a little better tonight, and I hadn't realized how stressed I'd been until the sweet Child Life staff sent me out on a break to a painting activity and free chair massage for caregivers, and to the strawberry shortcake day at the cafeteria. That "me" time made a big difference.  For more reason than one, I'm very glad we stayed inpatient to wait for this week's scope.



No comments:

Post a Comment