Flutter By

Sunday, February 7, 2016

The Color Purple

Well, I wish I could say that our first attempt at lifting the paralytic went swimmingly. Instead, after a few moments of taking it all in my sweet and sassy princess opted to express that she was not amused by holding her breath against the pull of the vent, donning an impressive shade of purple and some single digit sats. But hey, she knows how to throw a great spur-of-the-moment party! There were plenty of guests, balloons, and stimulating conversation. As the boluses kicked in, sats rose and she slipped into a comfortable slumber, I reminded her that her favorite color isn't purple, it's pink. It really does look better on her. A few useless-feeling minutes later I was sitting in the cafeteria trying to convince myself again that food is good, listening to Pandora, and humming along to "Every breath you take, I'll be watching you."

No comments:

Post a Comment