Flutter By

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

When One Centimeter Makes All the Difference

I'm so happy to report that since they've pulled the vent back a centimeter, she hasn't had any more dying spells with those insane single digit sats. She's still been mad as a hornet when she comes to that near-awake stage, thrashing and fighting to get the tubes out, but her lowest sat was in the 70s even when she held her breath. They switched her from morphine/midaz to propofol and hoping she feels better on this. Best news is they're finally ready to extubate! I'd be happy dancing more but she still has to stay pretty asleep until she stops throwing "get me out of here! " fits. I miss my vibrant girl so much! And the two friend visits I'd looked forward to this week, for different reasons each just canceled. I hadn't realized how much I was looking forward to their coming, and even though I've tried to take care of myself today, even got a free chair massage at the parent center, after I got those texts from my friends back to back I had an attack of intense claustrophobia and felt like I could hardly breathe. I'd never make it as a spaceship crew member or submarine sailor. Everywhere I look the environment is controlled, buildings and concrete! I need fresh air and I miss the mountain views out the windows at Primary. There is one gorgeous oasis, a garden at the center of the hospital, where there are trees and grass (snow right now) and I went there and had to walk around for a few minutes to breathe and calm down the sensation of living in a box. Ironically, the hospital plans to build on the garden and so far efforts to save it have fallen on deaf ears. Missing people and wide open spaces right now, and very thankful for techno means of connecting to family, friends and all of you!
Annnnnnd we're EXTUBATED!!!!!!!
WE HAVE SMILES!!!
Chest tube to come out tomorrow!!!

Oh yeah, life is getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment